Guide to Sustainable Living by Susan PokuSustainability
Susan Poku is an independent Zero waste lifestyle enthusiast, who has been living in Jakarta as an expat for the past 3 years. She organises coffee mornings and talks to raise awareness on how we can actively take responsibility to live more sustainable.
Her blog is dedicated to sharing her experiences and putting people in contact with the “Going green in Jakarta” movement, a group that now has over a 1,000 members on Facebook.
A few words of advise:
- Carry a reusable water bottle with you at all times to avoid buying plastic water bottles
- Bring a reusable container and tote bag to store left overs from the restaurant when doing take a away
- Refuse any single use plastics like straws, plastic cutlery, plastic bags. Bring your own instead
- Replace liquid hand soap with soap bars
- Focus on buying loose fruit and vegetables whenever you can or order directly from the farm to avoid plastic packaging
- Join the “Going green in Jakarta” Facebook community to connect with other people who want to make a difference
- Sign up to Susan’s blog to get further useful tips to start a more zero waste lifestyle: