MesaStila Resort & Spa will hold its 6th (sixth) annual unique running-race “a fitness experience” – combining physical activity, adventure & local heritage.
MesaStila Challenge & Ultra is a unique and extreme outdoor running event that aims to challenge the inner spirit and the physical condition of trail runners to explore and conquer the nature of Central Java. After successfully hosting 5 (five) race categories in 2015; Trail Runs of 13k, 21k, 42k, 65k and 100k, the MesaStila Challenge & Ultra has changed its name into MesaStila Peak Challenge (MPC) 2016 with 5 (five) race categories (11k, 21k, 42k, 65k and 100k). This year’s races will definitely be more challenging and offer more Java adventure as well as beautiful scenery. Escape onto small village roads, rice paddies, cross and climb up to five mountains in Central Java with a cumulative gain of up to 7758 m, coffee plantation and finishing in the retreat of MesaStila Resort and Spa. Some objectives from the Annual MesaStila Challenge are:
- As part of national/international annual unique trail running event and at the same time continuously supporting the growth of “sport tourism” in Central Java, with years of support from the Ministry of Tourism Indonesia.
- Step to qualify for the Ultra Trail Du Mont Blanc (also referred to UTMB) in the International map of world class sport.
- MesaStila is to be an Ultra training camp destination venue. Taking the opportunity, as popular issue in the trail and ultra running community in 2017, the distance qualification should be above 100k
From the previous 2015 challenge, here are some achievements from MPC:
- Registered as UTMB qualifying race 2016 http://ultratrailmb.com/en/page/87/List%20of%20qualifying%20races.html
- Registered and certified on ITRA/International Trail Running Association http://tracedetrail.com/en/trace/trace/15777
- Registered in Ultra Run Calendar base in UK http://www.runultra.co.uk/Events/MesaStila-Peaks-Challenge
- Registered in Asian Trail Master event and calendar http://www.asiatrailmaster.com/
- Indonesia running community are already familiar with the MPC fans page https://www.facebook.com/MesaStila-Peaks-Challenge-827890367301498/
- 130 participants from 8 countries already signed up as part of the early bird registration (opened on May 2016) http://mesastila.fonesport.com/about/entry-list
- MPC is also affiliated to Asian Trail Master (ATM) Indonesia's SuperTrail, in which by participating the race in Indonesia the finishing runners can score most points for the ATM championship. Other races in Indonesia that are included in this year's ATMs are Rinjani 100, Bromo Tengger Semeru (BTS) Ultra and Ijen Trail running.
For more infomation please contact:
MESA Hotels & Resorts Jl. Kemang Raya 2H, Kebayoran Baru – Jakarta 12730 P: (+62-21) 719 4121 F: (+62 21) 719 4205
MesaStila PO Box 108 - Magelang, 56100 P: (+62-298) 596 333 F: (+62-298) 592 696 or 596 100