Boca Rica situated on the ground floor of the Artotel Suites Mankuluhur City , pretty much bang in the centre of town, is best known for its live music and late night scene, but as we discovered recently , the kitchen team are hot to trot and serve up food that is well into the top end of the scale.
The main room of the venue really is designed for the nightlife scene but the lobby level foyer and outside terrace are well set up to give diners a comfortable, cool and fresh place to enjoy their food. The menu is extensive so we restricted ourselves to trying the Tapas (which is what it markets under) and a couple of main courses ( recommended by their food consultant) and we were not disappointed . Let’s look at the Tapas first:
- Gambas Al Ajillo Baked Shrimps, Tomato, Garlic,Parsley,
- Baguette. Jamón Ibérico Cured Spanish Ham, Tomato Relish,Mix Leaf,
- Baguette.Chorizo Spiced Chorizo,
- Baguette, Capers, Gherkin.Foie Gras Pan Seared Foie Gras, Toast, Olive, Tapenade.
- Mac And Cheese Macaroni, Mahon Cheese,Parmesan Cheese, Blue Cheese,Parsley.
- Apple Brie Crostini Baked Brie, Apple, Honey, Pistachio, Baguette.
- Calamares Deep Fried Squid Calamari, Lemon, Garlic Aioli.
- Cheese Meatballs Minced Beef, Mozzarella Cheese,Gravy.
- Chicken Wings Fried Spicy And Marinated And Served With Honey Lime Chili.
- Three Cheese Quesadillas Cheddar, Mozzarella, Parmesan, Pickle Avocado, Tomato Salsa.
- Pulpo A La Gallega Octopus, Potato, Smoked Paprika, Olive Oil.
We tried a selection of these items and were very impressed with the quality and size of the portions which seemed to be for four people not the usual two in other tapas venues. The choritzo was especially good.
We then moved on to the mains:
- Roast Chicken Half Chicken, Spicy Rubs,Mojo Picante, Tadziki Sauce,Mixed Leaf Salad.
- Salmon Cider Salmon Fillet, Clams, Onions, Apple Cider.
These were both beautifully cooked with the checken nesteled in a bed of tasty fresh salad and the salmon moist and tender with a crispy skin base. Really well presented.
There is, of course, a huge selection of cocktails and bottles ready for the night crowd, but there is also a good but currently limited selection of wines which proved the right choice to accompany the tapas selection.
So if you are looking for an honest, well cooked tapas delight this is recommended . Sit out on the terrace and only move in to the music when the meal is over! Oh and by the way there is an evening barbeque as well so that’s another option. Enjoy !
P: +62 215220730
Semanggi, South Jakarta