The Australian and New Zealand Association (ANZA) Jakarta held its Annual Charity Ball at the Fairmont on 21 September.
This year’s ANZA Ball was a colourful and whimsical affair with guests donning outfits inspired by Lewis Carroll’s classic Alice in Wonderland. “Our volunteers have dedicated many, many hours to not only create an enjoyable event for our guests, but also one that would raise substantial funds for our social welfare projects.” said ANZA President, Emmaleen Murray.
“We are very grateful for the support we have received from our members, embassies, community partners and the wider expat community. In particular, we would like to thank our sponsors, who helped bring our vision to life and donated some fabulous prizes for our fundraising efforts.”
Asian Tigers Mobility, Fairmont Jakarta, Celebrity Fitness and Fitness First, Alleira Plaza, Vie For Living, Coca-Cola Amatil Indonesia and Now!Jakarta were amongst the local and international brands supporting the event.
The fundraiser benefits ANZA’s Social Welfare Program, which helps underprivileged and impoverished communities across Jakarta. In the past twelve months this has included:
- Supporting 570 students through a year of education
- Supporting five elderly projects serving 200 meals daily,six days per week
- Working with Yayasan Citra Baru to secure funding for cranio-facial surgery and follow-up care for several children
- Creating an accessible bathroom at Yayasan Heesu, a care facility for children with significant physical disabilities
- Providing regular financial support to orphanages, schools, educational and health projects
“ANZA has spent over 40 years helping those less fortunate and with the ongoing support of our community, we can continue to do so for many more.” added Mrs Murray.
During the formal proceedings Raja Samu Samu VI, Secretary-General of The Royal Society of the Kings and Sultans of the Archipelago - Silaturahmi Nasional Raja Sultan Nusantara, presented Mrs Murray with a certificate and gold pin on behalf of the Royal Society in recognition of ANZA’s community work. “It was an unexpected honour to receive such recognition and I humbly accept these gifts on behalf of our members - past and present.”
Once the formalities were over with guests enjoyed a sumptuous meal and danced the night away to the musical stylings of Centrestage.
ANZA Ball was sponsored by various companies:
- Platinum Event Sponsors: Asian Tigers Mobility, Fairmont Jakarta, Celebrity Fitness and Fitness First, Alleira Plaza, Vie For Living,
- Gold Event Sponsors: Colliers International, SOS Medika, Coca-Cola Amatil Indonesia, British School Jakarta, Chocolate Monggo, Ethnicraft Indonesia, COMO The Treasury, HeliCity, Arbor & Troy, Sudamala Resorts, Perfetti Van Melle
- Media Sponsor: Now!Jakarta
- Silver Sponsors: Australian Independent School, Raffles Jakarta, Jababeka Golf & Country Club, Singapore Intercultural School Bona Vista, Qunci Villas, ACG School Jakarta, Honey Lane, Remote Destinations, Chope, Good Practice
ANZA Jakarta is a not-for-profit association welcoming all nationalities to Jakarta.
For more information about ANZA events and charity work visit www.anzajakarta.com