In April, The Dharmawangsa Jakarta returns with its iconic Super Brunch program which highlights more than 120 dishes including 25 of France’s best dishes set up in Parisian Picnic style. The biggest brunch in the city takes place on 7 April at three different locations at the hotel.
The annual Super Brunch event features a different theme each year. This time around it’s “Parisian Picnic” where diners can relax in a environs set up in picnic style with a cabana and decorated with Eiffel tower miniature made of chocolate.
Held at the Jakarta Restaurant , The Courtyard and at Majapahit Lounge, the Super Brunch, now in its 15th year, invites diners to sample varieties of bread, cheese, meat, and wine.
Executive Chef Felix Budiasetiawan and his team will present 25 signature French dishes rarely found in Jakarta. In addition there will be over 120 dishes featuring cuisine from around the world, which will only be available during this one-day event. Here’s what to expect:
- Harvest Table – A Selection of imported & local organic vegetables such as aubergine gourmet, kohlrabi, swede, parsnip, celeriac, rainbow carrots, purple carrots, Jerusalem artichoke and New Zealand green peas
- AOC Cheese Station – Brie de meux, tete de moine, port salut, mimolete, comte, le rustique camembert, epoisses, pont l`eveque, reblochon, crottin de chavignol, fourme d`ambert and aisy cendre
- Caviar Station – Sturia primeur caviar, giaveri Siberian imperial, giavery oscietra classic, sturia vintage, salmon caviar and flying fish roe
- Seafood Bar – Selection of fresh oysters (classic, pearl, royal, fine de claire and wild), Alaskan king crab leg, Spanish baby lobster, lobster, Canadian sea scallops, crawfish, scampi, clams and mussels
- Chef’s Action – Pan fried Wagyu 9+ “Grand Veneur”, roasted French wild goose, suckling spring bultarra organic lamb leg “ratatouille”, roasted Dutch veal and roasted Atlantic wolffish
- Foie Gras Station – Pan fried foie gras served with pear compote, Shiraz jus and brioche toast
- “Bouillabaise” Seafood Galore – Fresh water prawns, shrimps, calamari, Spanish lobster, little neck clam, razor clam, mussels, crabs and scallops
- Racklette Cheese – Served with baby potato, gherkin, beef bacon and bell pepper mixed
- Truffle Station – US sea scallop, wild mushroom rissoto and spring chicken
- Charcuterie/Smoked & Cured Meat Station - Jamon, Wagyu beef brezaola, pate de foie gras, Rillettes de canard, smoked duck breast, pate de volaille en croute, terrine de ris de veal and pâté de Campagne
- Cold Appetisers – Tuna niḉoise platter, fresh herbs salad with poached shrimps & crispy eggplant and carpaccio of fennel with wild mushrooms
- Hot Appetisers – Snail in garlic herbs butter, French onion soup and moules marinières
- Hot Buffet – Braised beef bourguignon, wild mushroom ragout and fricassee de poulet de bresse aux morilles
- Panini & Sandwich Bar – Crouque monsieur, croque madame, wagyu beef, lobster roll, crabmeat salad, crabmeat cake, soft-shell crab, seared scallops and philly cheese steak
- Dessert Gallery – Guanaja chocolate soufflé, chamomile green tea molten, ice cream teppanyaki, bananas story, crispy crepes, st honoré pralines, apple tart tatin, pavlova berries, vegan banana apple cake, gluten free red velvet cake, artisan ice cream and sorbet
The brunch prices are IDR 1,988,000++ for adults (inclusive of unlimited flow of Moet Chandon champagne or mimosa, French red and white wine, beer and Bloody Mary cocktails).
The price for unlimited non-alcoholic drinks is IDR 1,688,000++ for adults.
For children under the age of 11, it is priced at IDR 988,000++. There will be a live acoustic performance and picnic pastry class for children.